Dallas Drivers License Suspension Lawyers
Do you need a Dallas drivers license suspension lawyers to help you? In Texas, your drivers license can be suspended for a number of different reasons. If you fail to appear in court on a traffic citation, are convicted of a drug or alcohol-related offense, or fail to pay surcharges, the Texas Department of Public Safety can suspend your license, or not allow you to renew it. The Dallas drivers license suspension lawyers at Berlof & Newton, P.C. can help you with the following issues:
- Drivers License Suspension
- Driving While License Suspended or Invalid
- Denial of Renewal of Drivers License
In Texas, an Arrest for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Creates Two Separate Cases: Criminal and Civil
- The Criminal Case May Result In Jail Time, Fines, Probation, and Community Service
- The Civil Case Initiates an Administrative License Revocation (ALR).
- The civil case typically begins as soon as the driver is arrested for DWI. If the driver fails the breath test or refuses to take one, the ALR suspension will be initiated.
- When you are arrested for DWI, the officer will take your license and issue you a temporary driving permit that will expire 41 days after the date it was issued. If you request a hearing to challenge the suspension, it will delay the ALR sanctions until your hearing can take place.
- It is important to note that this ALR suspension is automatic unless you request a hearing with the Department of Public Safety within 15 days. If you do not request a hearing within this time, your license will automatically be suspended on the 41st day after your arrest.
You only have 15 days from Notice of Suspension to send your request for a License Revocation Hearing! Contact the Dallas drivers license suspension lawyersBerlof & Newton, P.C. NOW! Fill out the contact form on this page or call 214.827.2800.